Friday, September 12, 2008

Best Cheesecake Ever!

I have not made this for you all, but it's the best cheesecake I have ever made. Actually, I don't love cheesecake, but this one I can't turn down! Every time I make it, people ask me for the recipe, so I thought I would share it!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
4 packages Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
2 cups strawberries, sliced (or any other topping)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp of the sugar; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set.

Cool, cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil handles. Cut to serve and top with strawberries, just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Hi Sheridan - thanks for stopping by my blog. It seems you have a lot of the cooking down pat, so hopefully my grocery tips will help you make some of these delicious things....for free? hmmm, not quite, but some things may come close.
I set up my easy family dinners blog a year ago and then didn't revisit it for oh...a year. I need to get going on there as well.

Molly said...

Thanks for the recipe. I bookmarked your site. Can't wait to try it:)