Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crockpot Chicken and Rice

This was one of my stand-bys in Arkansas.  Haven't had it in 3 years.  Fixing it tonight so thought I would share...
3-4 chicken breasts (more depending on how many you are feeding.  This is for the 2 of us)
2 cans cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
1 can water
1 stick melted butter
1 package dry onion soup mix
2-3 cups of rice (not minute)

In crockpot, put in 2-3 cups of UNCOOKED rice.  Mix your soups, water, and melted butter.  Pour 1/2 mixture over rice.  Put in chicken (you can either put in after browning or throw in cold/frozen).  Pour remaining soup mixture over the chicken.  Pour entire package of dry onion soup mix on top!  Cook on high for 1 hour.   Cook on low the rest of the day.  When I worked, I would just put it on low at about 7:30 and it would be ready when we ate at 6.  I started mine at 10 am.  YUMMM!

No comments: